Date(s) - 19/03/2023
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
19th of March
3pm-5pm Rome Time (CET)
Hosted by Kostantinos Liolios, Carla Penna, Domenico Mimmo Agresta
To subscribe use this link:
- Anne Lindhardt, MD. . “Some notes on Group Analysis, theoretical background and principles”
- Thor Kristian Island, MD. “Basic Group Analytic Principles, A case presentation”
IGAP was founded by S.H. Foulkes and J Moreno, both being pioneers in working with groups and group psychotherapy. The two modalities are both based on the psychoanalytic understanding of the mind and uses group dynamics. However the Methodology is quite different. In Group Analysis the therapist is more non-directive, facilitating reflection and is using the group as such more actively in a shift between figure (the individual) and ground (the group). In Psychodrama the therapist is more directive and the method more expressive using the group as a background.
Purpose of the webinar:
To present the basic theory and principles of Group Analysis and through a case presentation illustrate some main clinical points
Articulation of the webinar:
The webinar will consist of two presentation – followed by a discussion between the presenters and a Q and A with the audience
Principle References :
- S.H. Foulkes, Therapeutic Group Analysis, George Allan, London, 1964 Lorentzen, S. Group Analytic Psychotherapy: working with affective, anxiety and personality disorders. London: Routledge, 2013
- Sandahl, C. et al. Why Group Therapy works and how to do it, NILGA, Routledge, Abingdon, 2021
- Penna, C. From Crowd psychology to the dynamics of the large group, NILGA, Routledge, Abingdon, 2023
MD, Psychiatrist, Training group analyst. and supervisor.
Former president of Institute of Group Analysis, Copenhagen.
Former member of IAGP board and chair of AGS
Thor Kristian Island MD. Psychiatrist, group analyst.
Founder and previous director of IGA, Norway
Training group analyst and supervisor
Previous Board member of IAGP.
Editor of IAGP Globeletter
Honorary member of EGATIN and Norwegian group psychotherapy association Main interest and writings: group analytic training and large group processes.
Bookings are closed for this event.